Answer the following as True or False.
1. A disadvantage of HART is that the signal superimposed on the 4-20mA DC
may distort the information from the process.
2. The first all digital protocol used to connect field devices with a field control
system and interoperability is Foundation Fieldbus.
3. There is no 4-20mA involved with Foundation Fieldbus (FF).
4. FF employs a multidrop system that can accommodate up to 32 devices per
5. Both HART and FF are interoperable systems but not compatible with each
What are your answers before you read ahead?
From the ISA Course Troubleshooting Instrumentation and Control Systems (TC10)