1. According to ISA Standard S7.0.01, the maximum size for any particles suspended in instrument air is _____________ micrometers (1 micrometer =0.000001 meter).[ordered_list style=”lower-alpha”]
2. A device within an instrument air system that provides cleaning of the airstream by
removing particulate matter from the dryer discharge is the ____________.
3. Which of the following elements is designed to translate a pressure change to
motion, with the motion being used to move an indicator or initiate a pneumatic
- bourdon tube
- all of these[/ordered_list]
4. A pneumatic transmitter that uses a mechanism which generates a signal by
opposing forces rather than by palpable motion of its parts, is categorized as a
- rotary balanced[/ordered_list]
What are your answers before you read ahead?
From the ISA Course Maintaining Pneumatic Components in Measurement and Control (TI06) pre-instructional survey.