More than forty ISA12 (Electrical Equipment for Hazardous Locations) Members will gather in Cape Cod, Massachusetts October 3-7 to cover topics such as intrinsic safety, gas detectors, instrument purging, and fiber optics. ISA12 covers the work of 40 standards, including 25 adoptions of IEC standards. During the week, the group will be working on submission of 25 proposals to the 2014 National Electrical Code® (NEC®), following successfully accepted proposals to the 2008 and 2011 NEC®. The meetings are open and new attendees are always welcome. For more information about the meetings, visit www.isa.org/isa12 under ISA Meetings.
Search this Blog
Find Posts by Category
ISA’s Live Twitter Stream
- KPI-Based Monitoring and Fault Detection for Large-Scale Industrial Processes [technical]
- Is Schrödinger’s Cat Alive, Dead, or Having Kittens? How the Power of Observation Improves Accuracy and Reduces Errors in Industrial Operations
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Purpose of Forward Decoupling?
- Webinar Recording: How to Protect Critical Industrial Control Systems
- How to Get Started with Effective Use of OPC
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Minimum Course of Action to Take Before Replacing Damaged Wiring?
- PID Control Using Recurrent Neural Networks for Robotic Manipulators [technical]
- What Is the ROI on a Modern Industrial Maintenance Software?
- AutoQuiz: Which Flow Measurement Device Does Not Require Square Root Extraction?
- Collaborative Robots Fill Gaps in Traditional Industrial Automation Processes
- Just in Time, or Just Too Late? A Kaizen Approach to Calibration
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Purpose of a Valve Positioner?
- How to Suppress Nuisance Alarms in Industrial Plants [technical]
- How Procedure-Based Automation Can Enhance Alarm Management Best Practices and Safety Instrumented Functions
- AutoQuiz: Models of Control to Describe a Batch Process
- Webinar Recording: PID and Loop Tuning Options and Solutions for Industrial Applications
- To Sustain Growth in 2019 and Beyond, ISA Must Capitalize on Its Strengths and Opportunities
- How to Improve Loop Performance for Dead Time Dominant Systems
- AutoQuiz: Which Type of Electrical Wires Would Normally Be Shielded in Control Systems?
- Condition-Dependent Conundrum: How to Obtain Accurate Measurement in the Process Industries