McMillan’s career spans more than 40 years with deep roots at Monsanto Co. where he learned early on from some of the best minds in process control. When asked what it means to him to become an ISA Mentor, McMillan stated, “My overall goals in life are developing a deeper understanding of the governing principles in process control applications, communicating what I have learned, and helping people excel. The ISA Mentor program offers an opportunity to do this for my profession on a personal basis.”
A process control technical innovator, educator, and writer, McMillan’s commitment to industry knows no bounds. As the winner of ISA’s prestigious 2010 Lifetime Achievement Award, McMillan is one of the most influential and prolific authors today in the area of automation and control.
Successful candidates will receive:
- Greg McMillan’s technical books Advanced Temperature Measurement and Control – Second Edition and Essentials of Modern Measurements and Final Elements
- Greg McMillan’s automation industry career book 101 Tips for a Successful Automation Career
- An interview with Greg McMillan for an article to be published in InTech magazine at the conclusion of the program
Qualifications for applicants:
- Must be an automation engineer currently working as an end user in the process industry
- Must have at least two years of experience working in a process plant
Experience is often the best teacher, and learning about process automation one-on-one from an expert in your field is invaluable.
“People may not even be aware of what they are missing or what knowledge is about to be lost forever,” McMillan said. In giving back to industry, he sets the example for other industry experts to follow suit. It is his hope that many will grab this opportunity and gain additional knowledge to move forward in their careers.