This ISA webinar on control valves is introduced by Greg McMillan and presented by Hector Torres, in conjunction with the ISA Mentor Program. Hector is a recipient of ISA’s John McCarney Award for the article on opportunities and challenges for enabling new automation engineers. Hector has been a member of the ISA Mentor Program since its inception. In this webinar, he provides a detailed view of how to use key PID controller features that can greatly expand what you can achieve. The setting of anti-reset windup ARW limits, dynamic reset limit, eight different structures, integral dead band, and set-point filter. Feedforward and rate limiting are covered with some innovative application examples
Search this Blog
Find Posts by Category
ISA’s Live Twitter Stream
- Book Excerpt + Q&A: Security PHA Review for Consequence-Based Cybersecurity
- Fault Detection in the Feed Water Treatment Process for Boiler-Turbine Power Generation [technical]
- AutoQuiz: Characteristics of a Loop Diagram
- Basic Guidelines for Control Valve Selection and Sizing
- Webinar Recording: Calibration and Inspections in Hazardous Areas
- AutoQuiz: Characteristics of a Fuzzy Logic Controller
- Why You Must Factor Maintenance Into the Cost of Any Industrial System
- How to Use Asset Performance Management as a Driver for Digital Industrial Transformation
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Best Method for Measuring the Level of a Highly Corrosive Media?
- ISA Values: Live Them
- Cost-Effective Option for Using Cellular Data for SCADA and Data Acquisition at Remote Sites
- New Control Approach Increases Efficiency and Safety of Boiler-Turbine Systems [technical]
- AutoQuiz: Which Signal Type Indicates Direction and Velocity in a Motion Control Application?
- IIoT Solves Problems Previously Considered Unsolvable
- How Long Before Watson Comes to Engineering?
- AutoQuiz: What Type of Switch Is Designed to Detect the End of Travel of a Valve?
- What Are the Opportunities for Nonlinear Control in Process Industry Applications?
- Proportional Integral Estimator-Based Clock Synchronization Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks [technical]
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Benefit of Industrial RFID Tags Over Barcode Systems?
- How Does Heat Transfer Affect Operation of Your Natural Gas or Crude Oil Pipeline?