This ISA webinar on control valves is introduced by Greg McMillan and presented by Hector Torres, in conjunction with the ISA Mentor Program. Hector is a recipient of ISA’s John McCarney Award for the article on opportunities and challenges for enabling new automation engineers. Hector has been a member of the ISA Mentor Program since its inception. In this webinar, he provides a detailed view of how to use key PID controller features that can greatly expand what you can achieve. The setting of anti-reset windup ARW limits, dynamic reset limit, eight different structures, integral dead band, and set-point filter. Feedforward and rate limiting are covered with some innovative application examples
Search this Blog
Find Posts by Category
ISA’s Live Twitter Stream
- AutoQuiz: How Are the Maintainability and Maintenance of Automation Systems Related?
- How to Manage Control Valve Response Issues in the Field
- How to Prevent Impulse Line Blockages Due to Temperature Variability
- AutoQuiz: How to Use the Parity System to Detect Data Transmission Errors
- My Journey on a ‘Yellow Brick’ Path to Becoming an ISA Fellow
- Embedded Intelligent Adaptive PID Controller for an Electromechanical System [technical]
- AutoQuiz: What Electrical Event Can Occur With a 24 VDC Open-Collector Output Sinking Configuration?
- How Visual Data Analytics Software Improves Natural Gas Well Site Efficiency and Reliability
- Primer: Essential Guide to Industrial Wireless Network Configuration and Layout Options
- AutoQuiz: What Device Is Used to Convert an Analog Signal From a Transmitter to the Signal Required by a Digital Controller?