This ISA webinar on control valves is introduced by Greg McMillan and presented by Hector Torres, in conjunction with the ISA Mentor Program. Hector is a recipient of ISA’s John McCarney Award for the article on opportunities and challenges for enabling new automation engineers. Hector has been a member of the ISA Mentor Program since its inception. In this webinar, he provides a detailed view of how to use key PID controller features that can greatly expand what you can achieve. The setting of anti-reset windup ARW limits, dynamic reset limit, eight different structures, integral dead band, and set-point filter. Feedforward and rate limiting are covered with some innovative application examples
Search this Blog
Find Posts by Category
ISA’s Live Twitter Stream
- How to Prevent Cavitation in Butterfly Control Valves
- Four Quick Tips for Making Smart, Strategic Decisions at Your Industrial Plant or Facility
- AutoQuiz: What Security Property Is Affected If a Hacker Intercepts and Changes Set Point Data?
- New Method for Tuning PID Controllers Using a Symmetric Send-On-Delta Sampling Strategy [technical]
- How to Implement Effective Safety Instrumented Systems for Process Automation Applications
- AutoQuiz: What Is a Schematic Representation of a Complete Hydraulic, Electric, Magnetic, or Pneumatic Circuit Called?
- What Is the Connection Between All of the Inputs and the Output of an Industrial Process?
- Webinar Recording: The Amazing World of ISA Standards
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Fastest “Electronic” Method to Bring a DC Motor to a Full Stop?
- Key to Achieving Positive Business Results: Manage Risk Throughout Industrial Automation Infrastructure
- A Roadmap to Industrial Network Convergence
- AutoQuiz: Unique Feature of a Pneumatic Differential Pressure Sensor/Transmitter
- What AF, ASCI, ISCI, and WCI Are Doing for You
- How Maintenance Managers Can Maximize Asset Performance with Automation and Control System Tools
- Development of a Hybrid Controller for Renewable Energy and Automotive Applications [technical]
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Definition of Restore Time in Industrial Maintenance?
- Webinar Recording: Simple Loop Tuning Methods and PID Features to Prevent Oscillations
- How the Internet of Things Impacts Manufacturing
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Condition When Controller Output Increases in Conjunction With a Controlled Variable Increase?
- Solutions for Unstable Industrial Processes