One of the objectives of the ISA Mentor program is to increase the number of papers and presentations by users to share plant expertise and best practices to advance the automation profession. Each of the program participants will present a paper and/or participate in an ISA Mentor Program Panel session at ISA Automation Week, 24-27, September 2012 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. The paper “Control Valve vs Variable Speed Drive for Flow Control” by Muhammad Al-Khalifah is an excellent example of what is possible.
Search this Blog
Find Posts by Category
ISA’s Live Twitter Stream
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Purpose of Forward Decoupling?
- Webinar Recording: How to Protect Critical Industrial Control Systems
- How to Get Started with Effective Use of OPC
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Minimum Course of Action to Take Before Replacing Damaged Wiring?
- PID Control Using Recurrent Neural Networks for Robotic Manipulators [technical]
- What Is the ROI on a Modern Industrial Maintenance Software?
- AutoQuiz: Which Flow Measurement Device Does Not Require Square Root Extraction?
- Collaborative Robots Fill Gaps in Traditional Industrial Automation Processes
- Just in Time, or Just Too Late? A Kaizen Approach to Calibration
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Purpose of a Valve Positioner?
- How to Suppress Nuisance Alarms in Industrial Plants [technical]
- How Procedure-Based Automation Can Enhance Alarm Management Best Practices and Safety Instrumented Functions
- AutoQuiz: Models of Control to Describe a Batch Process
- Webinar Recording: PID and Loop Tuning Options and Solutions for Industrial Applications
- To Sustain Growth in 2019 and Beyond, ISA Must Capitalize on Its Strengths and Opportunities
- How to Improve Loop Performance for Dead Time Dominant Systems
- AutoQuiz: Which Type of Electrical Wires Would Normally Be Shielded in Control Systems?
- Condition-Dependent Conundrum: How to Obtain Accurate Measurement in the Process Industries
- Design of a New PID Controller Using Predictive Functional Control Optimization [technical]
- AutoQuiz: What is Common Mode Noise?