One of the objectives of the ISA Mentor program is to increase the number of papers and presentations by users to share plant expertise and best practices to advance the automation profession. Each of the program participants will present a paper and/or participate in an ISA Mentor Program Panel session at ISA Automation Week, 24-27, September 2012 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. The paper “Control Valve vs Variable Speed Drive for Flow Control” by Muhammad Al-Khalifah is an excellent example of what is possible.
Search this Blog
Find Posts by Category
ISA’s Live Twitter Stream
- New Method for Tuning PID Controllers Using a Symmetric Send-On-Delta Sampling Strategy [technical]
- How to Implement Effective Safety Instrumented Systems for Process Automation Applications
- AutoQuiz: What Is a Schematic Representation of a Complete Hydraulic, Electric, Magnetic, or Pneumatic Circuit Called?
- What Is the Connection Between All of the Inputs and the Output of an Industrial Process?
- Webinar Recording: The Amazing World of ISA Standards
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Fastest “Electronic” Method to Bring a DC Motor to a Full Stop?
- Key to Achieving Positive Business Results: Manage Risk Throughout Industrial Automation Infrastructure
- A Roadmap to Industrial Network Convergence
- AutoQuiz: Unique Feature of a Pneumatic Differential Pressure Sensor/Transmitter
- What AF, ASCI, ISCI, and WCI Are Doing for You
- How Maintenance Managers Can Maximize Asset Performance with Automation and Control System Tools
- Development of a Hybrid Controller for Renewable Energy and Automotive Applications [technical]
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Definition of Restore Time in Industrial Maintenance?
- Webinar Recording: Simple Loop Tuning Methods and PID Features to Prevent Oscillations
- How the Internet of Things Impacts Manufacturing
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Condition When Controller Output Increases in Conjunction With a Controlled Variable Increase?
- Solutions for Unstable Industrial Processes
- Book Excerpt + Author Q&A: Fluid Mechanics of Control Valves
- AutoQuiz: How to Program the Correct PLC Equation for a Pressure Transmitter
- How Differing Conditions Impact the Validity of Industrial Pipeline Monitoring and Leak Detection Assumptions