Alternative solutions around virtualization, cloud and mobility are becoming more stable, reachable and cost-competitive to a larger number of industrial SCADA end-users, both large and small. These advancements, along with ever-increasing requirements for a more efficient and cost-effective solution, are leading businesses to look to the cloud as a viable resource. Additionally, the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) can help satisfy the demand for increased connectivity, visibility, maintainability and flexibility of systems. Benefits to be gained include delivering solutions more quickly, effectively, efficiently and securely. This ISA webinar discusses some of the drivers for industrial SCADA systems leveraging the latest cloud-based movement to better integrate and support systems, data and resources – allowing increased ability to monitor, predict and control the process system.
Search this Blog
Find Posts by Category
ISA’s Live Twitter Stream
- Book Excerpt + Q&A: Security PHA Review for Consequence-Based Cybersecurity
- Fault Detection in the Feed Water Treatment Process for Boiler-Turbine Power Generation [technical]
- AutoQuiz: Characteristics of a Loop Diagram
- Basic Guidelines for Control Valve Selection and Sizing
- Webinar Recording: Calibration and Inspections in Hazardous Areas
- AutoQuiz: Characteristics of a Fuzzy Logic Controller
- Why You Must Factor Maintenance Into the Cost of Any Industrial System
- How to Use Asset Performance Management as a Driver for Digital Industrial Transformation
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Best Method for Measuring the Level of a Highly Corrosive Media?
- ISA Values: Live Them
- Cost-Effective Option for Using Cellular Data for SCADA and Data Acquisition at Remote Sites
- New Control Approach Increases Efficiency and Safety of Boiler-Turbine Systems [technical]
- AutoQuiz: Which Signal Type Indicates Direction and Velocity in a Motion Control Application?
- IIoT Solves Problems Previously Considered Unsolvable
- How Long Before Watson Comes to Engineering?
- AutoQuiz: What Type of Switch Is Designed to Detect the End of Travel of a Valve?
- What Are the Opportunities for Nonlinear Control in Process Industry Applications?
- Proportional Integral Estimator-Based Clock Synchronization Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks [technical]
- AutoQuiz: What Is the Benefit of Industrial RFID Tags Over Barcode Systems?
- How Does Heat Transfer Affect Operation of Your Natural Gas or Crude Oil Pipeline?