Alternative solutions around virtualization, cloud and mobility are becoming more stable, reachable and cost-competitive to a larger number of industrial SCADA end-users, both large and small. These advancements, along with ever-increasing requirements for a more efficient and cost-effective solution, are leading businesses to look to the cloud as a viable resource. Additionally, the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) can help satisfy the demand for increased connectivity, visibility, maintainability and flexibility of systems. Benefits to be gained include delivering solutions more quickly, effectively, efficiently and securely. This ISA webinar discusses some of the drivers for industrial SCADA systems leveraging the latest cloud-based movement to better integrate and support systems, data and resources – allowing increased ability to monitor, predict and control the process system.
Search this Blog
Find Posts by Category
ISA’s Live Twitter Stream
- Why Bypassing the Factory Acceptance Test at Startup Is a Bad Idea
- Process Control Strategies for Wastewater Treatment to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions [technical]
- AutoQuiz: Technical Characteristics of the Open Systems Interconnection Model
- An Introduction to Operations Research in the Process Industries
- Mechatronics: The Evolution From Mechanical to Information-Based Industrial Automation
- AutoQuiz: How to Install Thermocouple Extension Wires
- Webinar Recording: Lessons Learned During the Migration to a New DCS
- Licensure, ISA Turning 75, and the 2019 Annual Leadership Conference
- AutoQuiz: How Are Errors Corrected in Industrial Network Data Communications?
- Radiometric Level Measurement: When Other Industrial Measuring Techniques Fail