1. Most fieldbuses use what physical topology?
- Point to point
2. The Modbus/TCP protocol suite contains what protocols?
- Ethernet, IP, TCP and the Modbus Application Protocol
- Only TCP and the Modbus Application Protocol
- Modbus+ and the Modbus Application Protocol
- It doesn’t have protocols
3. Which of the following can NOT be done by a repeater:
- Extending the cable run length
- Converting between two different buses
- Converting between copper and fiber cabling
- Allowing branching of the network
4. DeviceNet has a maximum message payload of
- 4 Bits.
- 1 Byte.
- 8 Bytes.
- 256 Bytes.
5. Foundation Fieldbus allows
- Bus powered devices.
- Segment lengths to be extended with a repeater.
- Function blocks to run in the field device.
- All of the above.
What are your answers before you read ahead?
From the ISA Course Picking the Right Bus—A Comparison of Field and Device Networks (FG30C) pre-instructional survey.