1. The AS-Interface protocol suite contains what protocol layers?
- Layers 1,2 and 4
- All 7 layers
- Layers 1,2 and 7
- It doesn’t have layers
2. PROFIBUS-DP is different from PA because:
- It has a different message format.
- It uses a different cable type and signaling method.
- It uses a different media access method.
- The difference is just marketing fluff.
3. The data link layer includes protocols that look after:
- Media access control
- Physical Addressing
- All the above
4. The industrial 4-20 mA current loop standard is:
- Based on the Modbus protocol
- A single variable simplex system
- A digital signaling system
- A bus based system
5. PROFIBUS-DP uses which media access control methods?
- Token passing ring and Master/Slave
- Token passing bus and Master/Slave
- CSMA/CD and Master/Slave
- Master/Slave only
What are your answers before you read ahead?
From the ISA Course Picking the Right Bus—A Comparison of Field and Device Networks (FG30C) pre-instructional survey.