1. In an AC circuit, harmonics can cause the _____ to overheat.
- sine wave
- phase line
- neutral conductor
- grounding conductor
- both B and C
2. _____ is an unwanted component of a signal or variable.
- DC signal
- A coupler
3. Noise is random variations of voltage, current, or data.
4. Which of the following is one of the causes of noise in instrumentation?
- Ground loop
5. Shielding should always be grounded on both ends of the same cable.
What are your answers before you read ahead?
From the ISA Course Electrical Noise Effects on Instrumentation Control Equipment (TI21) pre-instructional survey.