1. In an AC circuit, harmonics can cause the _____ to overheat.
- sine wave
- phase line
- neutral conductor
- grounding conductor
- both B and C
2. _____ is an unwanted component of a signal or variable.
- DC signal
- A coupler
3. Noise is random variations of voltage, current, or data.
4. Which of the following is one of the causes of noise in instrumentation?
- Ground loop
5. Shielding should always be grounded on both ends of the same cable.
From the ISA course Electrical Noise Effects on Instrumentation Control Equipment (TI21) pre-instructional survey.