1. If the primary source to a single phase transformer is above 150 V how must the secondary side be grounded?
- it is not supposed to be grounded
- to the service ground
- through a spark gap
- by DCS
2. Electrical current will only flow through a completed circuit.
3. Earth ground connections are used in order to cause a circuit breaker to instantaneously trip in the event of an unintentional ground fault.
4. A grounding conductor normally carries current.
5. A grounded conductor normally carries current.
What are your answers before you read ahead?
From the ISA Course Electrical Noise Effects on Instrumentation Control Equipment (TI21) pre-instructional survey.