ISA’s Process Measurement and Control Division (PMCD) is pleased to offer scholarships for deserving college and university students for the 2012 – 2013 academic year.
To be considered, the application and associated documents must be postmarked no later than 15 April 2012.
Scholarships will be awarded to the applicants based upon the student’s academic credentials and the recommendation. For more information, please contact Murtaza Gandhi (832‐491‐6572)
If you are a student, hurry and apply! If you know a student who would be interested in a PMCD scholarship, please pass the word along!
1. Scholarships are awarded to successful applicants who will be enrolled in an undergraduate or a graduate program for 2012/2013 school year at an accredited college or university. The scholarship winners will be selected at the sole discretion of the ISA PMCD.
2. Applicant must be nominated by an ISA PMCD Division member. The Division member should have been involved in the Division activities in one or more of the following roles:
- IIS Participant as any of the following: Chair / Attendee / Paper Reviewer / Developer / Moderator
- Attended at least 2 division meetings
- Other (ISA PMCD volunteer who is not currently a PMCD board member
3. The applicant must submit an official copy of his/her most recent High School or University transcript.
4. The applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from an individual familiar with the student (e.g. professor, T.A.) but not related
5. The applicant must submit an essay (not more than 500 words) describing his/her background, future goals and involvement in nonprofit organizations at his/her college/university.
6. The applicant must submit a completed copy of his/her ISA enrollment form if he/she is currently not a member. The PMCD Division will pay for the scholarship recipient’s enrollment with ISA for one year.
7. All scholarship payments will be submitted directly to the college or university where the scholarship recipient is enrolled to pay for tuition, enrollment fees, and textbooks for specified school year. The scholarship payment will cover partial tuition and enrollment fees as decided
by ISA PMCD.
In addition to the normal scholarships authorized by the PMCD board it is intended that each year one Jere Haney Honor Scholarship and one Hugh Wilson Honor Scholarship will be awarded. Jere Haney was a long‐time member of ISA who served as the PMCD’s first scholarship administrator. He also served on the boards of the ISA Houston Section and the ISA Pipeline Subsection. Hugh Wilson was also a long‐time member of ISA and served as its President in 1978.