1. Who is responsible for selecting Safety Integrity Levels?
- Engineering Firm
- Instrumentation Vendor
- Control System Vendor
- End User
2. A Safety Instrumented System is comprised of the following:
- Logic Solver(s)
- Final Element(s)
- Burner Train
- A, B and C
3. To meet FM-7605 and supply a Factory Mutual listed PLC based Burner
Management System solution one must:
- Apply the concepts of IEC61508
- Apply the concepts of ANSI / ISA 84 standard
- Apply the concepts of NFPA 85 and 86
- Apply FM 7-45
- None of the above
4. What Safety Integrity Levels are typically used in the process industry?
- SIL 1 only
- SIL 2 only
- SIL 3 only
- SIL 4 only
- SIL 1, 2, and 3
5. What role does Functional Testing play in determining Safety Integrity Level
capability of a given Safety Instrumented Function?
- No impact at all
- Impacts Safety Integrity Level by a factor of 2
- Functional Test Interval is part of the equation used to calculate Safety
- No impact for SIL 1 and 2
- No impact for SIL 3
What are your answers before you read ahead?
From the ISA Course Safety Instrumented Burner Management Systems: A How To Primer (ES17PC) pre-instructional survey.