Web Seminar: CyberSecurity Risk Assessment for Automation Systems (IC32CW1)Check upcoming courses
Risk analysis is an important step in creating a cybersecurity plan for your automation system. Risk analysis not only identifies security vulnerabilities but also provides the business case for the countermeasures that reduce risk. This course introduces control engineers to the concepts of risk analysis and how they are applied to industrial manufacturing and control systems based on the ANSI/ISA99 standards. This course is also valuable for IT professionals who wish to learn the special considerations of automation systems in performing risk analysis.
You will be able to:
- Discuss how risk assessment fits into the ANSI/ISA99 standards
- Define the key elements of a risk assessment
- List the steps to perform a risk assessment
- Identify common vulnerabilities of manufacturing and control systems
- Recognize industrial risk assessment methodology
You will cover:
- What is a Risk Assessment?: Why Perform a Risk Assessment? | Risk Assessment and the ANSI/ISA99 Standards | Definition of Terms | The Risk Equation
- Performing a Risk Assessment: Preparation | List Assets to Protect | Identify Threats | Establish Vulnerabilities | Rate the Threats | Select Countermeasures to Mitigate Risk
- DNSAM—An Example of a Risk Assessment Methodology: Identify Assets | Assign Threat Probability | Assign Threat Criticality | Select Countermeasures | Pros and Cons of the DNSAM | Where to Learn More
*Please note that all US and Canadian participants will dial into a toll-free number. All non-US or non-Canadian participants will dial into a toll number and be charged by the long-distance provider for the call.
Equipment and System Requirements:
- Touch-tone telephone with a speakerphone for the audio portion of the live seminars
- Internet connection running at 28.8 bps or faster
- Java-enabled browser (Netscape Navigator 4.04 or later or Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 or later)
- Computer monitor large enough for all participants to view or projection system for presentation to larger audiences
- Register online for the individual Web Seminar offering.
- To register offline: download the Training Registration Form, complete, and return to ISA with your payment.
For more detailed information on this topic, consider attending one of these ISA’s courses: Using the ANSI/ISA99 to Secure Your Control Systems (IC32) or Introduction to Industrial Automation Security and the ANSI/ISA99 Standards (IC32C).Check upcoming courses