Certified Control Systems Technician® (CCST®) Level I Review Course (TS00)Check upcoming courses
For examination and test location details for ISA’s CCST® Review course click here.
Length: 3 days
CEU Credits: 2.1
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
(Except Morristown, NJ location classes are 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. and Columbia, IL location is 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.)
Take this review course and schedule an electronic CCST exam on the date and at the location of your choosing—at no additional fee! That’s a $325 savings! The exam fee will be waived ONLY if you attend the review course AND you meet the CCST qualifications. You must submit a CCST application and your course registration form six (6) weeks prior to your course date to be eligible for this offer.
Upon approval of your application, you will receive an eligibility letter with instructions on how to schedule your exam electronically. You must take your exam within your six (6) month eligibility period. For more information on scheduling an examination and testing center locations visit www.isa.org/examschedule. All CCST exams are closed book.
Take a special event CCST Pencil/Paper Exam for FREE. Click here for details.
-Robert Gross, CCST I
This is a fast paced review of the knowledge and practical skills necessary to install and maintain standard measurement and control instrumentation. It is intended for practicing technicians preparing for the CCST Level I exam. An explanation of the examination process and practice certification-type exams are provided.
You will be able to:
- Cite principles and theory that explain measurement and control instrument functions
- Describe procedures required to properly maintain the function of measurement and control instrumentation
- Identify the procedures and safety requirements for loop checking and its purpose
- Perform calculations and other analysis of information related to the calibration and troubleshooting of measurement and control instruments and systems
- Describe procedures required to safely start-up and shut-down a new or existing process
- Define the education, experience, and examination requirements for becoming a CCST
- Identify important knowledge and skill requirements of a practicing CCST
- Describe the procedures involved in taking the CCST Level I exam
- Identify any need for further study or training in specific knowledge areas
- Complete a simulated CCST Level I Practice Exam at the end of each day
You will cover:
- Concepts of Process Control
- Domain 1: Calibration: Principles and Equipment | Methods and Calculations | Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) Basics | Analysis and Documentation of Information
- Domain 2: Loop Checking: Evaluation of Loop Performance | P&IDs and ISA Standards | Obtaining and Using Proper Documentation | Installation Practices | Hazardous Area Classification | Intrinsic Safety
- Domain 3: Troubleshooting: Logical Analysis | Common Problems | Types and Uses of Loop Diagrams | Basics of Smart Devices and Digital Controllers
- Domain 4: Start-Up: Start-up/Shutdown Procedures for Pressure, Level, Flow, and Temperature Measurement Processes | Final Control Elements | Troubleshooting Procedures during Start-up and Shut-down
- CCST Exam: Exam Requirements | Practice Exams
- Unit conversion calculations
- Calibration documentation and analysis
- Trouble recognition and analysis
- ISA CCST Level I practice exams
A hand-held/scientific calculator should be brought to class.
ISA Text Included: CCST® Study Guide Level I
If you wish to register offline, download the Training Registration Form, complete, and return to ISA with your payment.
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you’ll be able to answer after completing the course.
Check upcoming courses